Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 1 - The Plans

Hiya! So I am well into week 1 of my 15 Week Transformation and so far things are good.
 
I did my first official weigh-in early Saturday morning before my first cup o' joe and then it was full steam ahead.
 
I've never been a person to track calories, nutrition stats, etc. but I have decided to use My Fitness Pal to track what I'm eating. I want to reduce the amount of calories I'm eating in a day and more importantly what I find really helps when tracking my eats is seeing the reality of how many calories I consume in a day - sometimes that number can be kinda shocking!!! I love  that My Fitness Pal offers a phone app because I use it constantly! It's great for meal planning and for deterring me from picking up a great big slice of pizza for lunch!!




My goals this week are pretty simple:

(1) Drink 48oz/day of water;
(2) Workout 4 -5 days with one of those days including some strength training;
(3) Add some yoga into my mornings to help relax and prepare me for the stressful workday;
(4) Eat well everyday!!

I've stocked my fridge with tons of healthy options, so here's some of the eats I'll be enjoying this week:

*eggs & egg whites
*avocados
*lots of fresh produce - right now raspberries, cherries, cukes, zucchini, peaches, plums & green beans are in season - I stopped at a local orchard yesterday and loaded up!!!
*brown rice
* salads - one salad a day is the goal --- check out my Salad A Day Pinterest board
*Greek yogourt - I totally {swoon} over coconut
*protein shakes - I have Vega and Body by Vi right now and lots of frozen berries & mangoes to use
*beans
*veggie sausages

Workouts:

M - undecided between zumba and a circuit I've been wanting to do
T - spin
W - yoga
T - zumba
F - rest
S - run day (at the beach!!!!)

*Somewhere in there I also need to fit in some strength training*

So that's my week in a nutshell. At the end of the week, I'll let you know how I did!

Do you have any plans or goals in the works right now?

Have a great day!!

Andrea
xoxo

 
Amen to that!!!

6 comments:

  1. This week I'm trying to write everything I put into my mouth. Its so shocking! I never realized how much wine I drink until I see it on a weekly log! Really gotta cut down on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You are motivated and ready to do this! :) My goal is to hit the 50lbs down mark by the end of the month. Most likely I will miss it by a few pounds but I'm going to keep working for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea where are you?! I can't wait to hear how you've been doing! I'm living through you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! My congratulation! http://www.online-essay-writer.org/ Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for blogging this, it was unbelieveably informative and helped me tons
    Thought I would comment and say awesome theme, did you create it yourself? Looks superb!
    Tnegative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete